Bavarian State Assembly to investigate NSU terrorist organization once again

4 mins read
Bavarian State Assembly to investigate NSU terrorist organization once again

A commission of inquiry was established for the 2nd time in the Bavarian State Assembly to investigate the activities and connections of the NSU terrorist organization, which killed 10 people, 8 of whom were Turks, carried out bomb attacks and carried out bank robberies in Germany between 2000 and 2007.

Bavarian State Assembly to investigate NSU terrorist organization once again

At the session of the Bavarian State Assembly in Germany, all parties voted in favor of the establishment of the Commission of Inquiry of the National Socialist Underground (NSU).

The Commission, of which held its first session, is expected to investigate for 1.5 years possible mistakes made by the Bavarian police departments, the Office for the Protection of the Constitution, the relevant ministries and political decision-makers, as well as issues that have so far remained open.

The Bavarian State Assembly said in a statement that the Commission had taken the first decisions and requested the files on the matter from the prosecutor’s office.

Read:  Unexpected 400 Million XRP Move from Ripple: Question Marks in the Market

“It is the job of politicians to take action and prevent history from repeating itself.”

Toni Schurol of the Green Party, who chaired the Commission of Inquiry, thanked the parties that voted to establish the Commission and said they would do their best to shed light on the events that remained in the dark.

Josef Schmid, deputy commission chairman of the Christian Social Union Party (CSU), said he had heard calls from the families of the victims for more clarification on the NSU issue, adding: “It is the job of politicians to take action on this issue and prevent history from repeating itself.”

The commission of inquiry established in the Bavarian State Assembly in 2012 under the name “Far-Right Terror in Bavaria-NSU” completed its work in 2013.

NSU’s history

In Germany, the presence and role of NSU terrorist organization members in 2000-2007, who killed 10 people, 8 of whom were Turks, carried out at least two bomb attacks and carried out 15 bank robberies, were revealed by chance on November 4, 2011.

Read:  US soldier sets himself on fire in front of the Israeli embassy: His last words were 'freedom for Palestine'

The fact that the neo-Nazi terrorist organization could not be detected by the German security services for many years and that it was revealed that NSU members had established relations with some intelligence informants in the past caused great controversy in Germany.

The destruction of some documents relating to far-right groups and informants used in Germany’s domestic intelligence service, the Office for the Protection of the Constitution, a few days after November 4, 2011, also raised suspicions.

NSU members Uwe Böhnhard and Uwe Mundlos were found dead in the trailer where they were hiding after a bank robbery on November 4, 2011, and it was claimed that they had committed suicide.

Judicial process

The verdict in the NSU terrorist organization case, which started in 2013 at the Munich High State Court, was announced on July 11, 2018, the main defendant Beate Zschaepe was sentenced to life imprisonment, and the 4 defendants who aided and abetted the organization were sentenced to between 2.5 and 10 years in prison.

Read:  Colombia to Discover Legendary Galleon 20 Billion Dollar Treasure!

Commissions of inquiry were established in the Bundestag and in many state parliaments to shed light on the NSU terrorist organization and its dark connections, but the doubts that existed were not eliminated by the researches carried out here.

FİKRİKADİM

The ancient idea tries to provide the most accurate information to its readers in all the content it publishes.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Comment moderation is enabled. Your comment may take some time to appear.