First attempt at contact between the royal family and Prince Harry

1 min read
First attempt at contact between the royal family and Prince Harry

According to reports in the UK media, Britain’s King Charles has asked the Archbishop of Canterbury for help in asking Prince Harry to attend the coronation.

According to The Telegraph, King Charles believes that if the Duke and Duchess of Sussex refuse to attend the coronation this year, it will be a greater distraction than their presence.

However, the new monarch faces stiff opposition from his eldest son, Prince William.

Communication is planned through Archbishop Welby of Canterbury.

Archbishop Justin Welby officiated at Harry and Meghan’s wedding in 2018 and, according to the newspaper, supports their situation. The archbishop is said to be in regular telephone contact with the couple.

The archbishop had previously been asked by the Palace to act as an intermediary between William and Harry after Queen Elizabeth died in September last year.

Another report from the Mail on Sunday suggests that the King is open to a compromise for Harry and Meghan to attend the coronation.

“The real issue is not whether they attend the coronation, but if they do, under what terms and conditions,” a palace source told the newspaper.

Harry’s memoir ‘The Spare’, which became the fastest-selling non-fiction book of all time at the time of its publication, led to one of the biggest crises in the Royal family in recent years.

 

FİKRİKADİM

The ancient idea tries to provide the most accurate information to its readers in all the content it publishes.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Comment moderation is enabled. Your comment may take some time to appear.